10 Small Steps To Improve Your Health
Updated: May 25, 2022
Many of us make health-related resolutions, such as to lose weight, stop smoking or join the local slimming club. Whilst it is common to set high goals, setting smaller goals have a lot more benefit for our health.
"Small steps are achievable and are easier to fit into your daily routine, they are less overwhelming than a big, sudden change."
Here are 10 to try:
1. Keep an eye on your weight and work on making sure you are not gaining extra lbs. Even if you gain just a pound or two every year, the extra weight adds up quickly.
2. Take more small steps. Use an activity tracker to count your daily steps; then add 2,000, the equivalent of one extra mile. Keep adding steps, 1,000 to 2,000 each month or so, until you take 10,000 steps on most days.
3. Eat breakfast. Breakfast eaters tend to weigh less and have better diets overall. Start the day the right way and keep those energy levels consistent throughout the day.
4. Switch three grain servings each day to whole grain. The average Brit eats less than one whole grain serving per day.
5. Have at least one green salad every day. Eating a salad (with low-fat or fat-free dressing) is filling and may help you eat less during the meal. It also counts toward your five daily cups of vegetables and fruits.
6. Trim the fat. Fat has a lot of calories, and calories count. Purchase lean meats, eat poultry without the skin, switch to lower-fat cheeses, use a non-stick pan and opt for a spray oil rather then pouring it in.
7. Consider calcium by including two or three daily servings of low-fat or fat-free milk or yoghurt. Dairy calcium is good for bones.
8. Downsize. The smaller the bag, bottle or bowl, the less you will eat.
9. Lose just 5 to 10 percent of your current weight (if overweight). The health benefits are huge - lower blood pressure, blood sugar, cholesterol and triglycerides.
10. Keep track of your eating. Write down what you eat over the next couple of days and look for problem spots. Often, just writing things down can help you eat less.
Are you fed up of failed diets that don't work?
Do you want to lose some weight without feeling restricted?
Do you need some accountability?
If you answered Yes to any of the above questions, why not book a short call in with me to find out if we would be a good fit to work together and finally get you those results that you want. BOOK YOUR CALL HERE.